January 4, 2016

Read Through the Bible

Does reading through the Bible seem overwhelming? I love to read and I have a degree in English, but reading through the Bible seemed like a daunting task. I first read through the Bible - from Genesis to Revelation - back in 2008 starting in January and ending in December. In 2012, I did the same thing. The good news is that there is more than one reading plan to choose from. This year, I am following a different plan from Biblica: I started on December 3, 2015 and I'm reading a passage from the Old Testament, a passage from the New Testament, and a Psalm or a Proverb each day. Reading through the Bible will be one of the best things you do. You will see God's plan of redemption unfold as you "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 3:18)

My purpose is to direct you to some online resources to help you read through the Bible. Why online resources? The short answer is convenience. The long answer is that I want to make sure that people who don't have their own Bible will have immediate access to the daily Bible passages, and the easiest way to do that is online. (I am not going to discuss Bible apps for your phone, because quite honestly, I don't use Bible apps because I don't like reading on my phone.)

Many of the plans you will see are one year reading plans where you read through the entire Bible in one year. You absolutely do NOT need to start a reading plan on January 1st. You can start anytime. This means that you can start TODAY! Hooray! If you are feeling more ambitious, there are plans to read through the entire Bible in 90 days here and here. If you want to take it slower, there are reading plans where you can read through the Gospels in 45 days, or read through the New Testament in one year. The plan you choose is up to you. Make a commitment to read God's word for yourself and begin today.

Bible Gateway Reading Plans 

Bible Study Tools Reading Plans

Biblica Reading Plan

(These online resources recommend that you create a free account on their site so that you can track your progress. I am using the Biblica reading plan, and I did not create an account. In my opinion, creating an account is recommended but not necessary.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...