September 18, 2015

Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to "This Grace Wherein We Stand". The title of this blog comes from Paul's Letter to the Romans, chapter 5:

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. -Romans 5:1-2 (KJV)

Those are beautiful words, my friend, and I hope to examine the reasons why in upcoming blog posts. Even though I was an English major and I love Shakespeare, I don't use the King James Version of the Bible for my everyday reading; I use the NIV 1984. Occasionally, I will read from the ESV or the NASB. If you are interested in learning about the different translations of the Bible I recommend that you go here and here. When I link to a passage of Scripture, I will most likely link to the NIV (2011 version) or the ESV. If you are new to the Bible and do not have one of your own, I recommend going to Bible Gateway.

I have two other blogs: Soak the Beans and Coffee Cake Crazy. The first one is not updated nearly enough any more. The second is more of a recipe archive, which is no longer updated. I began writing some posts about faith on Soak the Beans, but I decided that I wanted a separate blog to write about faith. That is the reason why this blog was created. I will be transferring some of those blog posts from Soak the Beans to this new blog so that they will be all in one place. I have decided not to do this because it's time consuming.

If you are a new visitor, Welcome! If you are an old visitor from my other blog, thank you for your patience as I transfer old posts to the new blog. I promise to write new posts ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...